Medium-sized dogs are often more robust and agile than other dogs. They have a broad spectrum of activity, ranging from the quiet family dog to the high-performance dog. The family dog may tend towards being overweight and needs measured food intake whereas the medium-sized performance dog (for example, hunting or racing dog) has high energy requirements. Rummaging in the undergrowth, splashing in water etc moreover requires special protection for skin and coat.
Medium-sized dogs who spend a lot of time outside are also at an increased risk of infections and therefore need a strong immune system.
- Maintaining ideal weight: a controlled, moderate energy intake helps to keep the ideal weight
- Optimal digestive safety: highly digestible proteins and a balanced proportion of dietary fiber support the organism’s intake of nutrients and regulate intestinal activity
- Excellent palatability: carefully selected nutrients and the special texture, shape, and size of the kibble ensure maximum acceptance
- Mannan-oligosaccharides may bind pathogenic germs and strengthen local defenses in the intestines
- Essential omega-3 fatty acids prevent infections
Vitamins C and E support the neutralization of free radicals and protect the membranes of body cells