If you give your dog a great raw diet … liver’s an important part of it. It’s really a superfood for dogs!
Even though the liver cleanses toxins from the body, it doesn’t store those toxins.
In fact … muscle meats are typically higher in unwanted toxins than liver.
Some people compare liver to nature’s multivitamin. That’s because it’s rich in so many important nutrients:
- Vitamin A – a powerful antioxidant. It supports digestion and reproductive organs.
- Vitamin D – a vitally important nutrient for immune function. It helps protect against cancers, autoimmune and infectious diseases. It supports muscle and bone strength too.
- Folic acid, B vitamins – support mental and nerve health. They help avoid fatigue and prevent anemia.
- Iron – forms hemoglobin, brain function, regulates body temperature. Iron transports oxygen to the blood cells. This increases your dog’s endurance and strength. Lack of iron depletes antibodies and T-cells in the immune system.
- Other minerals (like copper and zinc) – support bone and joint health, skin, coat, immunity.
And of course, liver’s a great source of protein that’s also lower in fat than muscle meat.
Raw feeders : 25% Liver 65% Meat 10% Bones